Click to visit my Facebook Page

Saturday, September 24, 2011

When on a Roll Why Stop?

My kids have gotten in the habit of staying up on Saturday nights to watch the movie...(which is fine but I just wish it started at 6:30 instead of 7:30 its such a late night for them) Last night it was Jurassic Park... and with Mr nearly 9 being a bit of a sensitive kid I was really reluctant to let him watch it... but he was so desperate that I gave in and let them... It also gave me some time to sit down and trace out a pattern and cut the pattern pieces for a pair of shorts that I wanted to make. I managed to even get it sewn up so that I could wear them today...

These were so easy its not funny..... You could make them with your eyes closed... though maybe not cut them as you might loose your fingers.

You can find the pattern here!

Anyway I am not much of a elastic waist person so that is my only hang up with them... they tend to poof out a bit and with hips thats not a look you want. Plus I think I needed to make them a bit smaller... I chose a size that I thought would be a bit snug... but actually turned out a bit too big.. but that is ok.

These are about 6 inches shorter than the actual pattern... I just followed the lines and took the extra off the bottom it was pretty easy.

Next time I am going to make them with a thinner cotton material that has a nice hang to it and make them into full length pants... I think they will look pretty funky! I love funky.

So until next time....
Sew Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment